Baked Pears with Goat Cheese, etc.
I picked up some Prairie Fruits Farm goat cheese today from Strawberry Fields. Petty cash. I usually eat it on french bread with honey, but today…
You will need: pears, goat cheese, honey, oats, brown sugar, sliced almonds, & maybe some cinnamon.
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Cut a few well-ripened pears in half “hotdog style.” Take a paring knife and pare (pun points)out the stem and inner portion of the pear. Cut each half in half again (hotdog style!).Take a spoon and scoop out a bit of the pear slice to create a little divot in the pear. (Take time to nom excess pear)
- Plop a scoop of goat cheese in each divot.
- Drizzle with honey.
- Top with crumble mixture of oats and brown sugar.
- Sprinkle on a few sliced almonds.
- Put cinnamon on a few to see how you like it.
- Pop in the oven for 5 or so.
Verdict: Nom! These were good, and I liked the ones without cinnamon better. They probably needed more goat cheese. They weren’t as crispy as I would have liked, so next time I’ll try the broiler!